Sunday, September 25, 2022

New Lease on Life - Part II

Work continues on this project. The generals and four phalanx stands are complete. Pike added and basing and flocking complete. Ten more stands to go.

Yesterday while waiting for the glue to harden I opened a box of  Victrix Dark Age figures I acquired locally. Bonus!! At the bottom lay 10 metal cavalry  figures, although with just five mounts. Years ago I purchased 36 plastic generic horses from Wargames Factory (now part of Warlord Games) for such occasions and still had about a dozen prepped for use. 


 It also included an additional 5 metal foot figures, who stand upon the box in which they came. 

Most of the work on these figures yesterday was drilling through the hands so I could add their spears. Since they lacked weapons I trimmed some of the extra plastic spare parts that came with the Victrix purchase. I have a pill bottle filled with bits and pieces that were strewn about the bottom of the box. 

The really great thing about this Dark Age purchase was the figures were pre assembled and already mounted. They also came a pile of Little Big Man transfers so I am really happy with this score. 

1 comment:

  1. The ancient ancients look great. Fantastic score on the unexpected cavalry too.

    ReplyDelete