Wednesday, September 14, 2022

New Lease on Life

These figures were part of a collection gifted to me by the widow of Jef Lauzon, who passed away in 2004. He was a master of the WRG 6th edition ancients rules and when I received them they were individually mounted. Fourteen elements of pike mounted for ADLG rules.  These were the armed might of his Successor Armies.



I spent the last few evening rebasing the figures. I need to do some sprucing up of the figures and of the bases upon which they are attached.



Nine bases of 50 year old plus pikemen (Minifigs or Hinchiffe Models I am not certain which)  and another 5 consisting of 1977 Ral Partha figures. 

I even had sufficient loose figures to create some command figures on foot. Now to attach 120 plus pike.



What do you know. I found a couple of hundred fresh pike stored away in a parts box. First 24 pike are attached. They look far better armed.




6 comments:

  1. Always good to see old figures getting new love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely old figures. I faced them over the table 40 years ago. I received both them and his Roman Army, which contained a unit of the first lead figures I ever painted

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Indeed, many epic games played and far too much scotch consumed.

      Delete