Sunday, November 6, 2022

Ral Partha 01-080 Lizard and Rider?

 This is a small rebasing project that has been sitting on the back burner for a couple of years. I picked these 16 figures up fairly inexpensively at the CanGames Marketplace pre-pandemic. They were based on what seemed to me be odd size bases (25mm x 75mm) and were obviously being used for a gaming system in which I did not indulge. Once debased they were clearly identified as a Ral Partha (c) 1977 product. The best match I could find online for them was Ral Partha 01-080  Lizard and Rider. 


 I have rebased them to the standard DBX game systems with a frontage of 60mm. Due to the depth of the figures I have mounted them on an 80mm deep base. Sixty wasn't going to be enough. The previous bases were mixes of carboard  and plastic. I have replaced all with MDF bases with a magnetic bottom. Other than being cool looking figures I am not quite sure where they fit into my gaming needs. Perhaps in a Daredevils Lost World setting, or somewhere in a Space 1889 context on Venus.  



4 comments:

  1. Look nice. For cheap and attractive figures I too do not bother too much whether I have a project in mind at time of purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly agree, especially if it means I don't have to paint them

      Delete
    2. I have vague memories from the 80's of leading a 25mm Medieval army against Bob Pottle's horde of various Partha Lizard riders etc using ....WRG?

      Delete
    3. Now that you mention it, I can picture a game either at the Dal SUB or one of the cons we held, with that army in action.

      Delete