Friday, November 4, 2022

Arcane Academics - One Damned Thing After Another

In the past and not so distance past I ran a Daredevils Campaign. Pulp stories inspired by the serials of the 30s and 40s, played as reruns on Saturday morning, or after school TV in my youth, or the magazines and paperbacks from the Golden Age of the Pulp Fiction, that were the readily available for purchase with the money earned on my paper route.

Bob Murch's Pulp Figures is an excellent source of 28mm figures for adventure gaming of the interwar period. I'm a big fan and have been hording his figures for a while. I really need to get more of them  painted and onto a tabletop. 

PMH-6 The Alter of Evil
 I backed Bob Murch's Arcane Academics project through Kickstarter and have painted my first offering, PMH-6. The Alter of Evil provides the GM (me), a vehicle to introduce creatures from beyond our plane of existence into the game. The one shown in the photo below has been sitting so long in my pile of lead, I know not, what it is nor from whence it came. If anyone can identify the figure please let me know. Until then I am just going to refer to it as "One Damned Thing", and I guarantee in a gaming situation it will lead to another.



Below is my interpretation of the Alter of Evil, complete with its golden idol and IMO a misguided and most likely lost soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment