Saturday, December 24, 2022

SPACE 1889 - Martian Gashants - Part 2

 I have completed 11 figures which arrived on Wednesday and the work was posted as my first entry into the AHPC XIII.

There appear to be two types of Gashants. The domesticated variety equipped with European tack. I painted up three of them and kept it to a simple uniform look. I have another 24 of these figures to paint.


Then there is the second, wild variety, which appear to be used by the various Martian tribes. I had 8 of these figures and painted them all. I experimented with 4 different skin colours, as well as two different beak colours (red or yellow). One of each for the four different skin colours used. For lack of a better term the wild gashants seem to display some sort of comb. Again I used a different colour to go with each of the skin colour variations.





1 comment:

  1. Intriguing. I'd never seen the combed ones before. Speciation ? Or something like gelding for less fractious animals for the Europeans?

    ReplyDelete