Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Trajanic Roman Command

 Under the WRG 5th Edition Ancient Rules I ran a Trajanic Roman Army.  Current rule sets I have generally referred to them as an Early Imperial Roman Army. Sometime in the early 2000s, when I retired my 2nd Roman Army and began work on its third incarnation I purchased three sets of  command figures from Wargames Foundry for it. Two sets were painted relatively quickly and the the third sat with the pile of lead for many, many years. 

Today another Command Stand is finally complete.

The figure itself is listed in the Roman Emperors And Personalities as IR024 - Legates Tribunes Praetorian.  The website shows one mounted figure and numerous foot personalities. I have three mounted figures. A General and his two body guards. I am pretty sure that was how I purchased them as I have no loose foot figures running around. The two bodyguards look like two of the three figures available with the IR036 - Cavalry Command 2 set.

Since I am showcasing my command I will also show both of the previous generals, who recently underwent a base upgrade in order to keep up the standards. The first is IR084 - Emperor Trajan himself. Again he is accompanied by two figures available from  the IR036 - Cavalry Command 2 set. I know I have two trumpeters from the IR084 figures that I attached to my Roman Artillery.


 Finally I also have IR082 - Governor Suetonius Paulinus who disappeared from the history books sometime after the Year of the 4 Emperors. He is a bit early to be shown as a commander in  Trajan's army, but it is the figure I have. His bodyguards also appear to be  two of the three figures available from the IR036 - Cavalry Command 2 set.

The Emperor Trajan draped in Purple on the right.
Governor Suetonius Paulinus cloaked in green on the left.


No comments:

Post a Comment