First up on the bench was the Warlord Games Stone Animal Enclosure. To break up the monotony of the stonework, I picked out about half of the individual stones across the wall using four different AK Acrylic shades.
| Warlord Games - Stone Animal Enclosure |
Once the base coverage was set, I washed the entire model with Liquitex Transparent Burnt Umber to bring out the depth and tie the colors together.
| 3D Hay Stack Prints purchased from The Beaver and the Broadsword |
Next, I wrapped up the haystacks I started two weekends ago (purchased from The Beaver and Broadsword after spotting them on Facebook). I gave them a base coat of cheap DecoArt Yellow Acrylic Paint, followed by a dark brown ink wash to settle into the recesses and create instant contrast. The wooden supporting legs were painted an AK Light Wood. They don't contrast well again the colours of the Hay Stacks
The final photo shows the full set—a half-dozen resin haystacks I bought years ago that were tabletop-ready!
| Long Time Resin Hay Stack purchase made on eBay |
No comments:
Post a Comment