Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ancient China DBA 15mm Chariots

Chinese Chariot with General

The second project that I completed this week was three 15mm Essex Chariots that I won at auction last year. It was one of the few times that I allowed myself to get caught up in the emotion of the moment. I really wanted the figures and I ended up adding to my initial bids. In the end I paid too much, but it reinforced a lesson that I already knew. Place your maximum bid at the start and walk away. You'll either win or lose, and if you lose you'll have to wait for another opportunity, or order directly from the manufacturer.


General (Blue Chariot) with Bodyguards

I purchased a painted 15mm DBA army at Cangames about 5 years ago. I have added to it a couple of times and these chariots were the latest figures. When they first arrived I painted the horses and the chariots but I never painted the crews. They were completed this week.One chariot contains a general and the other two have archers as the third crew member. I have been to the Essex site but I am unable to determine the exact historic period that these figures belong to.

1 comment: